How Universal Bank will continue to serve you
Dear Valued Client,
In response to the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Universal Bank would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the measures we are implementing to keep our customers and employees safe and informed, and our systems and services running without disruption.
We have activated our Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan, which includes a comprehensive pandemic response. Across all of our locations – which includes 5 branches, we have increased our supplies of disinfecting products and implemented additional enhanced sanitizing and cleaning protocols to ensure a clean and safe environment for our customers.
If you are unable to come into one of our branches, please be assured that most of your banking needs can be met through our network of ATMs, online banking platform (both personal and business), and telephone banking services. To deposit a check, you can also mail it to our West Covina Branch at: 3455 Nogales St. West Covina, CA 91792 along with your deposit slip. For assistance, please call our toll free customer support line at (888) 809-8282 or email us at UBonline@universalbank.com.
You can find the latest information on the Coronavirus and how to limit your risk of infection by calling the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) hotline at 1-800-232-4636 or visit www.cdc.gov/covid19.
Thank you for your continued trust in Universal Bank. We hope you and your family remain safe and healthy.
Your Universal Bank Team
Updated on 4/1/2020
The safety of our customers and employees is our top priority. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and government agency officials have urged the nation to follow a “social distancing” reinforcement period by staying a healthy distance from other people while minimizing the number of people in one place as part of the country’s effort to halt the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
1. What steps are Universal Bank taking in response during the social distancing reinforcement period?
We are complying with the CDC recommendation to minimize the number of people in one place at any given time. Therefore, for the health and safety of our customers, our security personnel will allow 1 – 2 customers to enter the branch at a time during the COVID-19 “social distancing” reinforcement period. Customers and employees are encouraged to stand a healthy distance away from each other whenever possible. Customers showing severe sickness may be asked to leave the premises.
2. What are Universal Bank’s hours during the social distancing reinforcement period?
Adjusted lobby hours will be in effect starting Monday, March 23, 2020.*
Monday to Thursday: 9:30 am – 3:00pm
Friday: 9:30 am – 4:00pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 12:00pm**
*For West Covina and Monterey Park Branches, we are currently servicing customers by appointment only.
**Please note that the West Covina branch is closed on Saturdays
Universal Bank encourages our customers to schedule an appointment to reduce wait time or to visit after business hours.
Arcadia Branch: (626) 821-8080
Eagle Rock Branch: (323) 254-2251
Monterey Park Branch: (626) 293-8500
Rosemead Branch: (626) 285-2251
West Covina Branch: (626) 854-2801
3. What are the bank’s sanitizing standards during the social distancing reinforcement period?
Across all of our locations – which includes 5 branches, we have increased our supplies of disinfecting products and implemented additional enhanced sanitizing and cleaning protocols. We continue to clean our branches, including Automated Teller Machines (ATM) screens and keypads, with EPA-approved disinfectants. CDC recommends frequent handwashing as a safety protocol.
4. What is Universal Bank’s guideline for employees regarding face masks during the social distancing reinforcement period?
While the CDC does not require that healthy individuals wear a face mask and protective gloves, people who display symptoms of coughing and sneezing should. As an added precaution, we recommend our employees to wear a face mask and protective gloves. Universal Bank’s employees who demonstrate symptoms are permitted to stay home and seek medical attention.
Personal & Business Banking Solutions
1. What are my banking options if I don’t want to visit a branch during social distancing reinforcement period?
Universal Bank allows customers to stay connected 24/7 with mobile and online banking. You can also download our app by clicking here.
- Bank online anytime: Check balances, use our online Bill Pay, transfer money, set up alerts, and more from your computer or mobile device
- Deposit checks by mail: Send us your check and deposit slip to: 3455 Nogales St., West Covina, CA, 91792.
- Send and receive money: Use our mobile app or online banking to move money between friends and family with Zelle,® Please note you must be enrolled in Bill Pay to use this product.
- Telephone banking by automated Voice Response Unit (VRU) – Check balances, check your latest transaction and transfer money by calling 1-888-671-1888.
- Treasury Management Services for business clients: Online banking with wire services, remote deposit capture (RDC) and mobile banking are available.
2. During the social distancing reinforcement period, how can customers make cash withdrawals?
Customers can use the ATM at local Universal Bank locations or at any ATM of the customer’s choice. During business hours, branch lobbies are also available for cash transactions. Universal Bank encourages customers to use their debit card for point of sales purchases.
3. Is my money on deposit safe?
Yes. While the stock market is in a volatile position and the Federal Reserve has cut the short-term interest rate, Universal Bank is well capitalized and is in solid liquidity position. Universal Bank is regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of Currency of the U.S. Government to ensure safe and soundness of our financial institution. Deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to ensure the confidence of our depositors.
4. How do I access my safe deposit box?
Customers are able to access their safety deposit boxes during business hours.
5. Do I have to come to the branch in person to open an account?
We continue to open accounts at any of our branch locations. If you prefer to limit person to person contact, please call the relationship manager at your nearest branch to arrange an appointment to open an account. Click here to find your nearest branch.
6. How can I keep in contact with Universal Bank and get updates?
Universal Bank will continue to engage it’s customers through various channels, including phone calls, email and direct mail. Your dedicated relationship manager may call you from one of our branch phone lines to provide updates. Please note our branch phone numbers, which are listed here. At the beginning of the call, the Universal Banker will state his/her name, Universal Bank, branch number, and give you a call back number before obtaining any information.
How can I make a loan payment during the social distancing reinforcement period?
For loan customers who usually make their loan payments at our branches, we encourage you to mail in the payments using the pre-addressed envelope enclosed in your monthly statement. The mailing address on the envelope is as follows:
Attn: Loan Service
3455 S. Nogales Street FL 2
West Covina, CA 91792-5106
If you have any questions for loan payments, please contact (626)854-2818 at ext. 122 or ext.162.